Wednesday, April 30, 2008

French National Laborday

So Thursday is France's big day off, where they close everything to honor their hard work...No? Okay, they close everything for convenience sake. We are all getting a kick out of "French National Laborday" because the way things run on a Monday through Friday here are similar to the feeling of a late Sunday evening in America. They have the lowest amount of hours for any industrialized nation at 35 per week, and take around 5-6 weeks of vacation a year. So tomorrow should be a nice day off it would seem, but everyone (including me) is dreading it. It's going to be cold & rainy and nothing is open! It's like Sundays here, where if the weather isn't good you just hull up and pass the time. Last Sunday evening I was about ready to just go to sleep when I realized I still had about 2 hours before the sunset. Tomorrow, who knows, maybe I will count how many times I can bounce a ball without losing control of it.

No comments: